[aprssig] APRS on Field Day 2007

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Fri Jun 8 08:56:51 EDT 2007

The way I read the rules, all you have to do to get the 100 bonus points is
simply "demonstrate" APRS. In my mind, this can be done on any frequency with
any number of stations.

I do think that what you have encouraged people to do in the past has been
worthwhile. Last year, we had a few  different clubs that setup APRS on a
frequency other than 144.39 to see if we could communicate between ourselves.
Our fall-back plan (and where we went after we played) was to go back to
144.39. To me, the best portion of the demonstration was showing everything
that is being done on 144.39.
--
William McKeehan