[aprssig] APRS Packet Validation Suite?

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Thu Jun 7 16:35:49 EDT 2007

On Thu, June 7, 2007 17:21, 'Scott Miller' wrote:
> What I do have is WA8LMF's APRS Test CD.  There's nothing that says how
> you're supposed to decode it, but at the very least it makes a good stress
> test of any client.

Or you could just connect to the APRS-IS, capture a bunch of packets and
then see which packets aren't decoded properly. But beware that there are
a lot of packets floating around APRS-IS that aren't valid APRS. There are
also a lot of broken APRS decoders, especially for mic-e and base91
compressed format. Even findu doesn't properly decode speed or direction
in compressed packets.

  Tapio