[aprssig] Digipeating D7

gerheim at cox.net gerheim at cox.net
Sat Jun 2 15:58:16 EDT 2007

I think I'm getting there.

The problems (outside of writing the code) seem to be:
1) RF in the serial line.  Use ferrite chokes about 14" from the HT.
2) Battery problems:
2a) The Kenwood's serial port seems to go sour with low batteries.  You can command the TNC (MON ON), but incoming strings are sometimes lost.
2b) The HP-50G powers the serial port adapter, and it runs the batteries down pretty quickly.  This can be cured by running power into it via the USB port adapter.  I have to look into this...

I don't know if it'll be of use to the PIC people, but I'll be posting the UserRPL code for it pretty soon.  It may need a few more if-then-else-end's.  Please don't nit-pick the code.  It's a hack job, but it works.

--
-Al Gerheim

HP-49G+ Software Page:
http://members.cox.net/above