[aprssig] Need Help Digipeating Programming for D7

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 04:47:44 EDT 2007

Hi...

It was not corrected in the European "e" models, we still have the same
problem as the same chip is in the e models after all.

The only difference between the various locale specific models, is how
the setup diodes and links are configured internaly in the radio.  I is
posible (I and dozens of others have done it) to move the links/diodes
about, and end up with a "generic" work everywhere radio.

In all this, the behaviour of the internal Tasco TNC changes not a jot,
bit, or whatever.  It still has the lack of internal buffer space
problem, as do all other radios with the same TNC chip, other Kenwood's,
Alinco's etc.

The result.  In busy areas, KISS mode will often lockup the TNC, needing
a reset.  Interestingly, and suporting the above, the Digi_Ned people
recognise this, and that system will detect and reset a "suspiciously
quiet" D7 if you need it to.  It only takes a few seconds to do.

73.

Dave G0WBX.

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk