[aprssig] Broken digis (Ohio to Oklahoma and everywhere inbetween)

James Smith k9apr at tawg.org
Sun Jul 29 23:19:36 EDT 2007

I totally agree with Jim, I have to say I tried to model TAWG after
KCAPRS years ago. And after enough hate e-mails from my fellow hams I
stepped down from promoting APRS. I still support the website which will
be revamped in a few weeks. I drove so many miles doing demo's it isn't
funny! And all on my own dime nevertheless, and people still complained.
Want to a take guess how many miles? 10,000 miles +  hard to believe
huh? I have the records to prove it. Do I think the new paradigm needs
to be used in certain areas yes, like Jim said. In my area not really
not enough users to cause much damage. We have lost several users over
the years from the QSO thingy and other issues that have cropped up. Jim
said it best, but I'll add some more just chill. Take up a digi donation
fund!!!! And again this is just a hobby, you paid for the software or
radio and not the infrastructure that supports the software or radio. Do
you understand that? too the hundreds of digi owners peace!!!!

James Smith - K9APR
Digipeater owner and Operator and plug puller :)
k9apr at k9apr.org