[aprssig] Broken digis (Ohio to Oklahoma and everywhere inbetween)

James Smith k9apr at tawg.org
Sun Jul 29 21:42:23 EDT 2007

As someone that runs 4 digipeaters it easy for everyone here to say you
need to that you need to do this. Has anyone helped invest in a
digipeater? if so Thank You!!! I haven't seen any money yet from all the
users that use my equipment on daily basis and lets not forget when
Dayton comes around and there is even more users. Trust me, I have allot
of my own money involved  in building a network of digi's Indiana. Not
everyone of them  just mine. I have  them set to the new  paradigm
WIDEn-N , SS stuff. Again, you have to put yourself in the shoes of a
digipeater owner. Securing good sites nowadays is expensive... Everyone
will change over eventually, stop gripping already or you may find that
instead of trying to help the situation you in turn make and worst and
lose the digipeater all together. P and M too long and people will
simply switch it off. And for the record I've been around for 12 + years
on APRS, I've read everything, changed everything when new things came
down pike. Been there done that and Stan wrote book about it... :) Stan!!!!!

James Smith - K9APR
k9apr at k9apr.org