[aprssig] APRS DFing SUCCESS with only an HT!

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Wed Jul 25 21:02:45 EDT 2007

iN nWVT we add a little to that technique. We use paper clips opened
up and cut into 1", 2", and 3" lengths and when we get to a point
that where ever we go is full scale we take off  the antenna and
insert  the 3'' until its full scale and then on down to 2", 1", then
nothing and use body block. Three years ag we had a club project and
we built active attenuators with 2 MHz crystals and that also works
pretty well, better than the 5KHz off technique ... but its no good
like say at the Fox hunts at the Dayton Hamfest with all that QRM.

---
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog
   <http://www.wulfden.org/TheShoppe.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 Serial LCD Controller Kit   FT817 Power Conditioner Kit
       Tab Robot Laser Tag Kit            MSP430 Chips and Connectors
       Propeller Robot Controller         SX48 "Tech Board" Kit