[aprssig] pocketAPRS Maps

Arte Booten n2zrc at optonline.net
Tue Jul 24 12:28:49 EDT 2007

Hi all,

      It has been some years since Mike Musick discontinued his development of
pocketAPRS.  New users can't register the program, which means they've got to
re-enter their data every time they start it up.  Various aspects of APRS have
changed, but not so much that pocketAPRS can no longer be used as a client.  I
understand Mike's reasons for this choice and have no desire to gainsay it.

      One of the things he specified was that his source code wouldn't be made
available for continued development.   But as far as I know,  nothing was said
pertaining to the maps he made, and later released on CD.  Does anyone know if
there are limitations or prohibitions on making those maps available?  73

|  Mr. Arthur "Arte" Booten   Riverdale, NY  <n2zrc!rEm0vEn0sPaM!@arrl.net>  |
| Cruise Missile Coordinates: 4052.72 N / 07354.05 W  [FN30bv]  OES NYC ARES |
|   PGP Key Fingerprint: B86A 64F1 8A40 9113 2D25  516C 1256 2C6A D351 4B7C  |