[aprssig] APRS Status messages.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jul 3 09:49:00 EDT 2007

> ...I was looking through the menu on the th-d7a..
> and I came across status messages...
> IM and Internet Presence without the Internet!

Yes, APRS was never designed to be just a vehicle tracking
system!  It is supposed to be an entire real-time digital
communications system.  When K4HG and Sprouls added the
APRS-Internet link in the 1997, time frame, then the local
real-time communications of APRS were extended world-wide.

Hard part is getting someone to read their incoming messages...

Bob, WB4APR