[aprssig] DS 9097u S09 problem

Phillip zl2tze at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jan 31 14:43:21 EST 2007

Hi,
         For those running a I Button / Dallas /AAG 1 wire weather station
using the DS 9097u  RS232 comport adapter be aware that there appears to be
an earthing problem within the adapter.

After shifting my set up around the RJ 11 broke off the cat 5 cable I
replaced it but got no signal from the TAI 858 weather station, of course I
checked everything,

The AAG test program told me that the DS9097u was functioning but no data
from the WX station a check with a Multi meter showed data pulses  from the
DS 9097u and also voltage which sort of told me that it looked ok.

I posted a question to the 1 wire list and found that others have had the
same problem , Thanks Jim.

 I earthed the out put of the DS 9097u to the PC case and this has fixed the
problem.

Solution is to spilt the comport adapter and replace the earth connection.

Regards
Phillip