[aprssig] Local Traveler Repeater Freq Objects

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Tue Jan 30 21:18:57 EST 2007

On 1/30/07 9:11 PM, A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) wrote:
> On 1/30/07, Steve Huston <huston at srhuston.net> wrote:
>> I don't think it's a hassle to want to be able to go to findu before a
>> trip and map out the "popular repeaters" along the way, and preprogram
> If you have Internet access and want to find repeaters, use a
> directory like this one:
> http://www.usrepeaters.com/
> However if you mobile without an Internet connection, use the APRS
> repeater objects on your APRS display.
> Use the right tool for the job at hand...

Yes, because that repeater directory is so easy to just look at and know
right where a machine is located in relation to your travels or if it
will have enough coverage to bother trying to scan it while passing
through the area.  As I said, agree to disagree.

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285