[aprssig] Local Traveler Repeater Freq Objects

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Tue Jan 30 20:34:20 EST 2007

On 1/30/07 7:13 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:
> But to those purests, that want their object to be  unique on the
> APRS-IS, we offer them a chance to coordinate their -X if they want
> the hassle...

I don't think it's a hassle to want to be able to go to findu before a
trip and map out the "popular repeaters" along the way, and preprogram
them before leaving (or while at rest stops).  Which is also why I like
the idea of using the callsign for the object with -R (and multiple
repeaters being -R1 -R2 etc) since that should be a simple lookup to
find them all in an area.  But I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree
on this point.

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285