[aprssig] RE: Stuck KPC3+ serial port?

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Jan 26 13:10:25 EST 2007

Alex (callsign?) wrote...

> Well, I tried the standard hard reset, removing the
> battery, the KISS break command, and checked the
> cables again and this thing still won't talk to me.

Does the TNC have a good power supply... 6-25 VDC? The terminal program
should have been at 1200 N81 for the hard reset. You say you have checked
the cable. Was that with an ohmmeter, or with another TNC, modem etc.? You
need at least ground, transmit data and receive data connected. That really
leaves the serial port or a problem with the TNC itself. Do you have
anything  to check the serial port with such as another TNC, modem, GPS
receiver etc.? Maybe the TNC is toast, but don't give up on it.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH