[aprssig] DIGIpeater - Network performance

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jan 26 13:02:01 EST 2007

I should have also provided this link:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/mdmapw66.gif

That map showed all the digipeaters we used to hear on RF prior
to the 2004 New-N Paradigm.  We were seeing digis and users over
9 states, all on RF.  Now what I hear on RF is much improved and
covers a much smaller area that is appropriate for the 240 users
we see every day.  QRM is down, reliability is up.

Compare the above map with the map below and you can clearly see
the difference that the New-N paradigm makes over the 2 years.
And it also appears that we are 90% there.   Bob, WB4APR

Seaboard.