[aprssig] RE: Stuck KPC3+ serial port?

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Jan 25 16:38:34 EST 2007

John (callsign?) wrote...

> Remove the CMOS battery from the holder...wait a few seconds
> and then replace it.

That will probably work, but the "per the book" hard reset is to power the
KPC-3+ up while the reset jumper J11 is ON. After viewing the confirmation
in a terminal program set for 1200 bps, turn the power OFF, remove J11 and
put the lid back on. Of course, if it is just stuck in KISS mode, Alex might
be able to get it going with ALT-292, ALT-255, ALT-292 (numeric keypad) in a
terminal program set at the right speed etc. I recall a while back I had to
use ALT-0292, ALT-0255, ALT-0292.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
--
"I may be lost, but I know exactly where I am!".