[aprssig] Stuck KPC3+ serial port?

Mike Heskett mheskett at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 24 18:47:36 EST 2007

At 05:20 PM 1/24/2007, you wrote:

>Has anyone ever had one of their KPC3+ TNC's get stuck
>as far as communicating with it via the serial port?
>It's set up as a digipeater right now and is working
>just fine but I can't seem to connect to it.

I had something similar to that on one recently.  It appeared to be
working, but when I hooked up the computer to run an APRS Client
program, I kept getting the power on messages, as if it was doing a
reset every time it transmitted. I suspected the wall wort wasn't
delivering enough power all the sudden. I changed the wall wort but
still received the same message. I did a hard reset and it corrected
the problem. I do think the original wall wort was a problem. I wish
I had tried the RESET command (a softer reset) first, because of the
problems getting all the parameters changed from the default. I am
pretty sure mine wasn't in transparent mode.
Mike Heskett
WB5QLD
Hurst, TX
O-