[aprssig] Local Repeater Displays on Mobiles

Ron ve1aic at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 18:42:02 EST 2007

Thanks for the update Jan. I downloaded the new symbol
set from Steve's site.
I had to edit the node symbol (now green star
w/overlay).
It looked too much like the Green Maple Leaf for
highway route numbers on my Streets maps which was
hard to see.
So I changed it back to yellow star with black
(shadow) on the tips.
73, Ron VE1AIC

> Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:01:54 +0100
> From: "Jan T. Pharo" <la2bba at jpharo.net>
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Local Repeater Displays on
Mobiles
> To: TAPR APRS Mailing List <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>
>
> Ron <ve1aic at yahoo.com>, Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:58:33
-0800 (PST):

>>Hi Bob, I suspect many people (like me) were sending
>>the repeater objects from their client station. In
>>UI-View the REPEATER object is /m, whereas the
ANTENNA
>>is /r so thats why so many are using /m.
>
> There is no symbol named "repeater" in the recent
station setup menu
> of UI-View. There _is_ a "Mic-E Rptr" symbol. You
(they) might have an