[aprssig] APRS telemetry and the PIC 16F877A

KA8VIT ka8vit at ka8vit.com
Wed Jan 24 17:07:40 EST 2007

Hi all,

I use the Atmel AT89S8252..  it is an 8051 variant with 8-kb of in-circuit
programmable flash, 2-kb of EEPROM, 256-bytes of ram...  serial port,
3-16 bit timers...  dual data pointers and more...

Even when you add a $1.10 for a crystal they are cheaper than the pics
and way out class them.

I have been playing around with them and using a 4-bit R2R ladder and
a 20-bit phase accumulator to generate tones used for packet, RTTY,
DTMF and more.

http://ka8vit.com/dds

The Atmel AVRs are also an excellent choise with many of the same
features as the 8252.

73

Bill  KA8VIT

--