[aprssig] Weather station AAG 1 wire

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Mon Jan 22 19:27:55 EST 2007

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007, Phillip wrote:

> AAG 1 Wire TAI 8515 with the DS9097u-SO9 comport adaptor.
>
> I am having a problem with the RJ 11 female  at the comport adaptor and
> would like to know which pins in the RJ 11 are used.
>
> I have 2 lots of conflicting information on the Pin outs of the RJ 11 the
> one from AAG has pin 1 on the left hand side looking from the back of the
> plug with the lock tab down and Dallas pin 1 on the right

I have borrowed a Dallas 1-wire in the past for testing.  As of a
week or two ago I now own that unit, but I haven't hooked it up yet.

Could it be that the AAG-supplied and Dallas-supplied RJ-11 cables
were crimped differently?  That's what I would expect.  Some RJ
cables line up pin 1 with pin 1, some flip one end.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer