Fwd: [aprssig] what your Kenwood TM-D700A and TH-D7 can do more

julien mervyn dedier julien9z4fz at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 18:48:28 EST 2007

Of course the kenwood radio aprs radio all have built in tnc
,700a,d7,ts2000,all have built in tnc for the tm-d700a you need to assign a
call sign to the tnc mail box page 46 MYMCALL,even though the 700a is in
packet pkt mode it will still talk to the tm-d700a in aprs mode ,the tnc
have to be set up .

you can do tnc console chat radio to radio regardless of what mode you in
and what software you are using once it got a terminal point.

On 1/21/07, Keith - VE7GDH <ve7gdh at rac.ca> wrote:

> I wrote...
>
> > Are you using the D700 in packet mode or APRS mode?
>
> Guess I can answer my own question. Looking at Julien's earlier message, I
>
> take it that he's using it in packet mode and the software programs he
> mentioned are "running the show" in which case the D700 is really a radio
> that happens to have a TNC built into it.
>
> 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
> --

THANKS

JULIEN