[aprssig] Periodic Disconnects from APRS-IS

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Jan 18 13:52:03 EST 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 11:08 AM, Scott Miller wrote:

> I don't know about Java's socket support, but I think in C it was a
> pretty
> simple configuration option.

I seem to recall the developers take some care to make sure they
_disable_ buffering to avoid excessively delayed delivery (to the IS)
that can result in the duplicate suppression to fail.

There are conflicting needs here:  large downlinks with good
throughput for downlinks vs. small uplinks with low latency
tolerance.  Not sure what the answer is, but a filtered feed will
significantly reduce the bandwidth requirement on the downstream side
of the connection.

-Jason
kg4wsv