[aprssig] Garmin Rino

Mark Cheavens mcheavens at usa.net
Wed Jan 10 21:50:26 EST 2007

Since the subject of Garmin was brought up today....

Has anyone looked at the current series of RINO radios? They have
fantastic mapping capabilities!

I wonder if anyone has ever approached Garmin about making a Ham
version of the radio....Or if LOTS of us requested it, would they do it?

I for one would LOVE to have a RINO in the UHF ham band! I'll bet
that would spark some new interest in RINO decoding!

Seems that RINO decoding has kind of lost any focus in the APRS world
as no new development has been done in a while. (Or not that I have
seen or found).

Mark
KC5EVE