[aprssig] Garmin Astro

Rahn whiskey7doa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:14:16 EST 2007

I saw the astros on a thread in a different forum. The questions that
were raised there were
1.) It appears to be a VHF unit. What frequency are they tranmitting on?
2) and what frequency are they transmitting data on?
As far as anyone there knew, MURS (or whatever that is called) is the
only VHF frequencies that don't require licencing of some sort and as
far they knew MURS does not allow data transmision.
Anyone know the answers to these questions?
Rahn