[aprssig] more ocean buoy stuff

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 9 18:13:16 EST 2007

> 3) While the APRS format normally only includes lat/lon sorts
of
> things, there would be no problem  adding some more data.

Our Naval Academy Buoy Designs use the standard APRS 5 channel
telemetry format of the MIM, Mic-E and KPC-3+ designs.  We use
these 5 channels as follows:

Ch1 Battery volts
Ch2 Water Temp
Ch3 Water Temp
Ch4 Luminosity
Ch4 Water conductivity (Salinity)

In addition, you get automatically from the GPS posit, the
LAT/LONG, direction and speed.

And the decoding and display of all that data is automatic in
FINDU.COM no matter where your buoy is.
See our Buoy Page: http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/buoy.html

See how easy it is to display your data LIVE From FINDU.COM:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/andeTLM1.html

That data happens to be ANDE satellite data, but its because our
buoy is temproarily out of the water and so after 10 days,
FINDU.COM is no longer showing the Buoy data.