[aprssig] Xastir or WinAPRS questions

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 9 09:53:45 EST 2007

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, M J wrote:

> A great round of "thank you's" go to Jason, Steve, Curt, Mark, Lance and Phillip.  I'm now experimenting with receive only APRS since I'm not licensed yet, but you never know. :) MJ

Note that you don't need any morse code knowledge these days in
order to obtain a ham license that will let you play on VHF/UHF
frequencies.

Coming up very soon now (a matter of a few weeks/days?) you won't
need any morse code to get ANY of the ham licenses.  Makes it a
whole lot easier for people to break into this hobby...

Curt, 20WPM Extra.