[aprssig] APRS for a "ocean buoy"

Cap Pennell cap at cruzio.com
Tue Jan 9 01:14:35 EST 2007

Most parts of coastal California are populated with nearby mountaintop
digipeaters.  VHF could work fine much of the time (because of the digis
atop those mountains).  But if "conventional satellite tracking (Argos,
Orbcomm, Inmarsat D+)" alternatives are available, then APRS (VHF or HF) may
not be the most appropriate mode.
73, Cap KE6AFE

Perhaps the California APRS Users group could provide more local info.
News, discussion, and questions about APRS in California (and nearby
portions of adjacent states) will continue there.