[aprssig] dos on a winxp machine

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jan 9 00:09:08 EST 2007

None of those were DOS utilities.  They ARE command line utilities, and
Microsoft's actually been providing MORE of those with recent versions of
Windows, at least on the server side.  They're learning from the Unix camp.
Some tasks are just better performed with a text interface.

I write native 32-bit Windows console apps all the time.  They LOOK like DOS
programs, but they're not.  It's actually my preferred Windows programming
environment - none of those pesky windows to get in the way!

Scott
N1VG