[aprssig] GPS receivers that do not shut down at >60, 000' Altitude

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Mon Jan 8 20:29:37 EST 2007

The Garmin GPS 18 works great.  I flew one of mine to 106,000 feet.  The
configuration program isn't the greatest, but it works, and you can use it
to save a little power.  For most uses you don't need it at all.  I flew
mine in Garmin mode, though (not NMEA) to get vertical speed out of it.

I carry them on my website (www.argentdata.com/catalog) but I'm out of stock
until at least next week.

Scott
N1VG