[aprssig] I Apologize!

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Mon Jan 8 14:35:47 EST 2007

On Jan 8, 2007, at 2:10 PM, Phillip B. Pacier wrote:

> This might be slightly off topic, so I will keep it short.
>
> All 37 Tier 2 servers are available to accept any data, including
> CWOP data, on port 14580.

Everyone of course has the right to  make their own choice, but for a
ham that values the data they send to the APRS IS, it would make more
sense to send it directly to the core, where the sysops demonstrate
the highest principles of amateur radio, service and and
professionalism. Core sysops have never cut off service because they
got mad.

The core now has 4 fully linked core servers, and two hot standbys in
case Tier 2 gets mad again and decides to cut off the amateur users
the way they cut off Citizen Weather users on Saturday. If that day
comes, the core will be able to take the full load.

Service and Professionalism...

Steve K4HG