[aprssig] I Apologize!

KCøRNP Richard kc0rnp at kc0rnp.net
Mon Jan 8 14:03:20 EST 2007

As we all know NWS folks use CWOP "traffic" daily. As a storm spotter
I wish we could get this resolved ASAP. I have used the data that CWOP
folks send out to help spotters in the field that do not have APRS
know what others are seeing. This is a great backup to check to see if
both the CWOP person and you spotter are seeing the same thing.  I
personlay think it's a shame that the had to trun the server off. I am
reminded that on aspect of Ham Radio is the "SERVICE TO THE
COMMUNITY," and personally don't think we are being of service to the
community by turning off servers that are NEEDED by NWS and storm
spotters. Some of you have to understand the NWS runs on a budget just
like every other government office so do you think they have the time
and $ needed to set up a CWOP server that would work with FindU, I
personaly don't think so. At this time I can not currently help fund a
CWOP server that would work with FindU, but if that is what is needed
to fix this "HAM RADIO WAR" then so be it and I would be willing in
the future when I have the $ to do so, to help fund it.

Oh and to the "CORE" team keep up the great work that you guys do to
keep HAM RADIO REAL and a SERVICE to the community.

Also to the core team if I can help in any way let me know. Side note
I have a server that has Redhat on it and would be willing to set up
programs with the "CORE" folks help as I don't know much about Redhat
but have the websites up and running :).