[aprssig] OT: Any Smart Home "Geeks" still here?

Rich Garcia k4gps at comporium.net
Sun Jan 7 11:27:54 EST 2007

It's off topic but I know several here are Smart Home "geeks".

I have moved to SC and am getting ready to buy some 54 acres and build a
house. Can anyone send me a private message to k4gps at arrl.net
and fill me in on the best forums for these topics ? When I google (as
usuall now)all I get back is links to people selling stuff, not forums
or mailing lists.

With 54 acres and a 3500sq ft home if I am going to be doing anything
"smart" I am going to have to design it into the build now before I start
and I am planning on starting in about 1 month. I was back on APRS for a
couple of months but my shack/office was lost to my Mom when she came up for
the holidays, now she is here for good I will not have a shack or office
till' the home is completed. One of the 1st things planned for the new home
is a WX station up on APRS and a 72ft TriEx tower.I may even do the HF Gate
again
if there is interest still on 30M APRS.

Thanks,
Rich K4GPS