[aprssig] Help with Interfacing a GPS to Kantronics KPC-3

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Wed Jan 3 16:57:22 EST 2007

At 02:38 PM 1/3/2007, EXT-Maetta, John wrote:
>Hi Earl,
>
>Yep....I will worry about frequency choice and packet length, for this
>new project, when the basics start working.
>
>Ok, I can successfully see the Xmit LED illuminate when in CONV mode.
>Text typed is transmitted, so the TNC is working.
>
>This is very frustating.  Are you using the KPC-3 with a GPS receiver?

         I have done so in the past, but it's been several years.  At
this point, you know the TNC is doing what it should.

         I'm doing all this on memory, but it seems to me that the
KPC-3 would send a blank position if it was in GPS mode and didn't
get good data from the GPS.

         Does the BEACON work?  Set BText to something or other, and
B E 1 or something, and see if it automatically lights up the XMIT
LED ever so often.  Don't forget to go back to B E 0 when you're done
with this one!

         Uh -- I've already erased the original message, could you
resend your GPS settings, i.e. beacon timings, etc?

         Earl

KD5XB
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cw_bugs