[aprssig] Need Ideas

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Wed Feb 28 13:04:41 EST 2007

On 02/28/2007 12:29 PM, Dave Sloan wrote:
>    How can I best sell this idea? His final comment was we are going to
> continue doing this the way that we always have done it.

I would say to let him continue things they way they've always done it.
 However, ask if he would mind if you tried to rally together the
equipment and people to try the new way *in addition to* the old way.
This way, should everything work great and people love it, it can be
adopted later, but nobody is being forced into a new system with little
experience - and should it not work out well, at least it was tried, but
the old method was still there to continue the necessary communications.

I doubt that you'd be able to "sell" the idea to someone who is in
charge of organizing the support for an event like this, when he has to
feel that everything will work flawlessly the first time around - like
it has thus far I'd imagine.  But if you offer to try this new method in
addition to the old, I also doubt he'd say no, as long as it doesn't get
in the way :>

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285