[aprssig] GPS/PC/D7A

John Vause jdv at iglou.com
Wed Feb 21 21:09:02 EST 2007

I can only get this setup to work using UI-View with the D7a in non-KISS
Packet mode.(GPS connected D7 gps port, D7 pc port connected to laptop.)

Street Atlas v.6 doesn't see the GPS at all in this configuration.

Anyone know if you need to send a command to the D7a in packet mode
in order to enable GPS pass-through?

'Scott Miller' wrote:
> I haven't, but then I haven't tried very hard.  I took the brute force route
> and used separate GPS receivers, with a USB adapter for the one on the
> laptop.  There are definitely advantages to having big bins of GPS receivers
> on hand.  =]
>
> Scott
> N1VG

*   My favorite law: The Law of Unintended Consequences   *
*                                -- John Vause            *
*  "Environmentalism as a metaphysical ideology and as a  *
*   worldview has absolutely nothing to do with natural   *
*   sciences or with the climate.                         *
*                            -- Czech Pres. Vaclav Klaus  *
*   Nothing brings out the opportunism in potential       *
*   adversaries like the appearance of being unwilling    *
*   to fight in self-defense -- John Vause                *
*   Si vis pacem, para bellum - Cicero                    *