[aprssig] digi_ned Kiss Linux

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 14:41:01 EST 2007

> > How did you get it compiled?  That's just where I'm going.  I have a
> > NSLU2 unslung (aka Embedded Linux on an external old laptop hard disk)
> > that's ready for Digi_ned and other ham tools.  A simple serial port
> > via USB adapter should be the low hanging fruit easy way to get this
> > on the air.
>
> It has been a while, but from what I remember, I set up the openwrt
> development environment. This was very easy -- they had a makefile that
> would download the latest tools and set them up all automatically. Then you
> build the openwrt linux kernel. Once you know that works, there was a simple
> way to just compile anything through the cross compiler that was installed.
>
> Let me know your build environment and if you're using something
> like openwrt and I'll see if I need to get back into the project to figure
> out what I did.
>
> -Lance KJ5O

Thanks for the info Lance.

I'm building the UNSLUNG code now in what I believe is a close
relative to the OPENWRT project.   Everything should be setup to drop
in another module and create an .IPKG from it.   It might even be
possible to use these existing WRT54G packages:

  http://db0fhn-i.ampr.org/wrt54gs/

This is getting fun...

73
Bill