[aprssig] GPS Module

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 20 16:38:22 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, M J wrote:

> I am thinking about integrating a GPS module into a laptop
> computer case as part of a college project and ran across this
> one:
> http://www.megagps.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=109
>
> Is there anything blatently aprs-unfriendly about it, based on the
> information anyone sees in the link?

I would think it should work.  Check at Garmin.com to see that it
outputs NMEA sentences on the RS-232 connector.

You might also want to look at the Deluo Serial GPS.  That would
give you the GPS module _and_ and antenna for around the same price.
Check the voltage input requirements carefully though.