[aprssig] Battery Packs...and more...

Matt Werner kb0kqa at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 10:02:42 EST 2007

On 2/19/07, NPD Service <pservice at nb.sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Has anyone ever used APRS to identify a visitor to your local area, generate
> an automatic msg to the APRS unit welcoming them to your area (entering a
> preset parimeter) and refer them to your primary voice repeater?  We have
> also thought of then, after a reasonable delay for the operator to tune to
> the repeater, running text to speech to welcome the visitor to the area and
> state some of the control commands (WX, Echo & IRLP dialing codes, etc.) for
> the repeater, our website (lcarc.ca) and other useful bits of info.

Personally I would find it annoying.  If I want to QSY to a voice
repeater I'd want to pick the frequency up off from an object that you
transmit.  If I receive a message, I'd prefer it be from someone that
is sending me one.  To receive automatic messages from repeater
owners/users along a freeway route on a day-long trip would
be....annoying.

73 - Matt
KB0KQA