[aprssig] UI-View over LAN...

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 20 09:49:36 EST 2007

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007, Stephen Brown Jr wrote:

> > I use Xastir + Apache to do this.
>
> Curt, just curious, is this a feature that is built into Xastir that you are
> doing this with? If not, how and what did you accomplish.... Just really
> curious....

Xastir has automatic "snapshot" capability built-in, so it can take
a snapshot of the map screen every XX minutes (set by a timing
slider) and create a PNG image.  You then set up the Apache
webserver (or whatever web server you wish to run) to be able to use
that image.  In other words, Xastir won't make any HTML pages, but
you can display serve up a PNG image directly or embed that image
inside some other HTML page.  Works great.