[aprssig] APRS Symbols for severe nature events

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Mon Feb 19 16:18:20 EST 2007

"Robert Bruninga" <bruninga at usna.edu>, Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:53:27
-0500:

>I wouild favor a generic Road-Blockage symbol.  Would look like
>two posts with two horizontal boards that are black-and-whilte
>striped at an angle and maybe a red NOT circle on top for color?

That would do for landslides/avalanches which are "merely" blocking
roads and tracks, but those which are wiping out communities, like
floods and tornados, thus making a SAR area, mightn't be covered by a
road block symbol.
Btw, the european "no entry" traffic sign is a white or yellow
circular sign with a red ring at the edge, and no symbol inside.
(I made an object with a red triangle overlaid with an "X" to mark a
landslide this winter)
But there still are some unused / and \ combinations, so it wouldn't
be an impossible task to find one or two symbols.

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway