[aprssig] digi_ned Kiss Linux

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 13:27:54 EST 2007

> The advantage, of course, of using the kernel interface is that should
> you add other applications, they can share the same TNC's, modems, etc.
> Another advantage is that pipes (psuedo-tty ports) can be set up to
> permit different applications on the same machine to talk with each
> other without the need for real tty ports.

A great deal of convenience and power indeed - but not quick and easy
to setup on a NSLU2...  I'm up against a bit of a time crunch and I'd
also like to get an "easy" process where folks can use this alternate
hardware without having to fight the kernel battle.  That's a waste of
time in this day and age that's even less appealing then mandated CW
requirements or discussing APRS paths.

> If you're concerned about compiling ax25 apps, tools and libs, Bernard,
> F6BVP, has a step-by-step HOWTO. He even has pre-compiled versions. Take
> a look here http://rose.fpac.free.fr/MINI-HOWTO/

Great to see some on going support for AX25..

> Ray vk2tv

Bill - WA7NWP