[aprssig] Re: aprssig Digest, Vol 32, Issue 19

Alex Carver agcme2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 18 13:59:48 EST 2007

> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 19:47:24 -0500 (EST)
> From: "Bob Bruninga " <bruninga at usna.edu>
> Subject: [aprssig] TS2000 SKy Command
>
> >> 7) How do you remotely band change?  Just have
> >> multiple memories?
> >
> > Key in a new frequency via VFO control and the
> TS2000
> > will switch bands.
>
> I tried that over and over again, and it would only
> work  if I dialed in a freq on the same band.  Just
> don't know why it doesnt work for me.
>
> I also just cannt figure out where the initial
> operating freq comes from.  Since you have to +/-
> through all the bands when doing set up and end up
> with VHF being in MAIN before going to transporter
> mode, mine always seems to come up on some 20 meter
> fequency that does not see to have anything to do
> with my A or B VFO's.

That's very strange.  On the TS-480, just keying in a
frequency will cause it to flip bands without having
to use the band selection buttons.  I was rereading
the manual on the Sky Command system but nothing seems
to indicate band switching.

> >> 8) how can  you edit out an extra character in a
> 4
> >> or 5 character call?  There is no SPACE character
>
> >> and no DEL button that I can find.
> >
> > Space is the zero key and delete is the A/B button
>
> > on the D7.
>
> Doesn't work for me on the D700.  I'm trying to dial
> in the TRANSPORTER and COMMANDER calls using the
> TS-2000 front panel and cannot find any button
> anywhere that equals a SPACE.  And the DIAL only
> provides 0-9,A-Z and -.  I can t find a SPACE...
> The TS-2000 does not have a TTpad microphone and the
> TTpad on the front of the radio does not seem to let
> "0" be a space like the D7.

The zero key works just fine as a space on my D700 as
do the rest of the keys for text input.  Try enabling
the Microphone DTMF monitor option (menu 1-8-6).  As
for delete on the D700, that's a soft key specifically
the second soft key from the left (in order they are
Backup (AKA cancel), Delete, left arrow, right arrow,
Insert, OK, and the left volume knob is Clear (push
the knob).