[aprssig] Routing

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Thu Feb 15 08:43:43 EST 2007

Ray VK2TV wrote...

> Given that my DigiNed digi (vk2tv-10) will become almost transparent
> when the remote digi is installed, I believe that WIDE1-1 is an
> appropriate alias.

I think that I would disagree a bit with your logic. If the DigiNed (or
other) digi was a "low level" digi that could help mobiles make it to a
higher elevation WIDEn-N digi, then I would agree with making it a WIDE1-1
only digi. I believe your intention was to move it to a higher location a
few hundred metres up. For now, it will be the closest thing to a "big
footprint" digi that you will have around there. Looking ahead to when it is
in use and mobile stations are passing through, if it was a WIDE1-1 only
digi, it would ONLY help out those mobiles if they started their path with
WIDE1-1. If you make it a WIDEn-N digi, it will help out mobiles that start
their path with either WIDE1-1 or WIDEn-N.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH