[aprssig] Routing

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Feb 13 08:47:33 EST 2007

> Currently there are no other APRS digis within 350km...
> My best guess is that the WIDE1-1 alias in DigiNed is
> appropriate given its small coverage footprint.

If it is the only thing in an area, no matter how small, then it
should be a full traceable WIDEn-N.  Only make WIDE1-1's where
there is the need for fill-in digis in areas already satruated
with wide coverage machines.

> ...another digi down the highway a bit,...
> Should that digi become WIDE2-1?

DIGI's don't become WIDE2-1's, they have either traceable
WIDEn-N support, or are WIDE1-1 only digis.  Again, souinds like
this one should be also a traceable WIDEn-N.

Great to hear you planting the seeds!
Bob, WB4APR