[aprssig] New Icom Mobile

Mark Fellhauer sparkfel at qwest.net
Tue Feb 13 02:19:29 EST 2007

I haven't seen anybody post to the list about this yet.

Icom has announced a new mobile rig, the IC-2820H.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/fm_txvrs/2820.html

-2m/70cm true dual band operation, separate displays and controls V/U V/V U/U

-Alphanumeric naming of channels (Why have manufacturers left this feature
out for so long in dual band mobiles?  Not seen since the FT-8500...)

-Optional UT-123 module gives D-Star capability with built-in GPS receiver
for D-PRS

-Two antenna diversity reception capability

Looks like I'll have to bust open my piggy bank.  Price TBA.

Too bad it doesn't have any built-in APRS capability.

Yaesu?  Kenwood?  Where are you?

Regards,

Mark
KC7BXS