[aprssig] Family Voice Aert

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 12 21:22:53 EST 2007

> how's about a different perspective?  If your radio must
> transmit PL tone to receive PL tone, maybe we can find radios
> that allow us to TX / RX different pl tones?  For example, TX
> 67hz, RX 100hz?

Speaking of different tones,

I sometimes set a different Voice Alert PL in my wife's car.  If
I need to know when she is approaching home, I simply monitor
APRS Voice Alert with her PL and when she comes home, I can
quickly put on an apron and run from the shack to the kitchen
and wash the dishes or something to look like I havent wasted
all day in the shack.

Similarly, I tell her if she EVER hears a packet on that radio,
then it means she is near me if I set that Family PL.

Bob, WB4APR