[aprssig] D700-external PIC processing

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Mon Feb 12 09:33:04 EST 2007

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007, Dennis Hudson wrote:

> Would be cool to have this parser in programs like xastir as well.
> You could simply open your laptop and use it for a display device
> when and if wanted. Open and close the program as will without
> interfering with the features you are used to on the D700's head.
> When you want a full blown xastir station just switch to your TNC
> profile on the D700.

When the complete protocol is figured out and documented, let me
know.  I'll see about adding it.  Another possibility would be to
write a shim program that listened to the D700 on a serial port and
produced APRS packets on a PTY port that Xastir could connect to.
Then Xastir itself wouldn't have to change at all to receive and
decode the data.