[aprssig] [AD] New Display Setups

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Sun Feb 11 15:56:03 EST 2007

I recently came across some really nice 2x16 Hantronix miniature
(2.1" by 0.8") backlit displays. I wanted badly to use them for some
projects. The were clear crisp and readable at distances at which
many larger displays weren't. So, what was the problem, you may ask.
The display used a 16 conductor 1mm pitch Flat Flex ribbon cable,
which is increasingly common but for which I had no clean electrical/
mechanical interface.

Anyway, to make a long story short my partner and I designed an
adapter board with a 1x16 .100" spaced set of holes for wires or pin
headers and a FFC/FFP connector to the Flat Flex. I have a 70 or so
of  these adapter boards (K107RA) available as well as 20+ of  these
Hantronix displays bundled with the K107 Serial LCD Controller and
the K107RA adapters.

I recently found some more reasonable price shipping containers for
the  display/controller bundles and I was able to drop the shipping
charges on all those bundles by $2-4.

    <http://www.wulfden.org/k107/>

---
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog
   <http://www.wulfden.org/DiskShop.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 Serial LCD Controller Kit   FT817 Power Conditioner Kit
       Tab Robot Laser Tag Kit            MSP430 Chips and Connectors
       Propeller Robot Controller         SX48 "Tech Board" Kit