[aprssig] APRS Icons on Garmin Receivers

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Sun Feb 11 13:32:16 EST 2007

Jason,
  See below:

I tried this with my D7 and it echoed all internal commands, and the
position data as you indicated.

LIST 01,KC9XG-14,4134320008033101,/j,01,:, ,,02000------

Not sure of all the fields yet.  The 8th char of the position field
indicates N or S LAT and the 16th char indicates E or W. The last field may
indicate elevation in 10ths of a meter, if available, though some variation
may exist, depending on the source.

Will play a bit more to see what the unknown fields contain.

Thanks,
Bill KC9XG