[aprssig] APRS Icons on Garmin Receivers

william.diaz at comcast.net william.diaz at comcast.net
Fri Feb 9 14:53:47 EST 2007

Jan,
   See below:
From: "Jan T. Pharo" <la2bba at jpharo.net>
> william.diaz at comcast.net, Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:59:09 +0000:
>
> >As you pointed out, you cannot use voice alert with .... the D700
> >(unless it is possible to obtain the audio at the discriminator etc).
>
> I am not sure what you are saying here;
> I am running Voice Alert with my D700 with a subtone, after a setup
> description from Bob WB4APR several months ago. But I might have
> misunderstood you.

   My post referred to the use of a T2 (Tracker2) device connected to a D700.  This device uses audio input/output to decode and encode packets rather than an RS232 interface to the internal TNC.  It had been suggested the T2 could be used to send Waypoints with APRS icons to a Garmin receiver.   See earlier posts in the thread.

Bill KC9XG