[aprssig] APRS SOFTWARE QUESTION

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Feb 9 14:31:19 EST 2007

On Fri, 9 Feb 2007, Mr Mike wrote:

> Are there any APRS software programs that do APRS, Dumb Terminal Packet,
>    AND come in versions for PC and MAC???
>
>   Ideally the screens and hotkeys would be identical whether user is on a Mac or a PC.

Except for the Dumb terminal packet, Xastir would be one choice.

Another choice would be WinAPRS/MacAPRS, which I _think_ might be
fairly similar to each other.  They were programmed by two brothers
and share much of the codebase.  There's a version of MacAPRS for
OSX.

Perhaps a Java APRS client would fit the bill as well.  I haven't
tried any so not sure.